Sunday, June 15, 2008

Knott's Berry Farm


On Saturday, June 7, I took my four youngest(Alec, Kellan, Parker and Karsyn) to Oceanside, California. My sister, Robin, and her three kids(Tyelo, Satchel and Tatum) came with us, and we met my parents there. Kregg had to stay home and work, Steven had work-he's a lifeguard for the City of Chandler, Dustin had football practice and work, and Kourtney was going to girls camp. The weather was nice and COOL--unlike here were it's 107 degrees in the shade. On Tuesday, the 10th, we took the kids to Knott's Berry Farm.

We had a lot of fun-- the kids had a blast. We stayed in the kiddie area most of the time, but my dad did manage to persuade Robin and I to go on the Supreme Scream with him. He loved it- I will never go on it again. It shoots you 250 ft (52 stories high) up and drops you like an elevator but way fast. I hate heights, and it was only out of love for my dad ( and the fear of being called a chicken) that I went on it. First, and last, time for me.

After that we went on an awesome rollercoaster that also shoots you straight up in the air at 80 mph, and then straight down, but I can handle coasters-in fact I like them because
they're fast. I am thankful for the time
spent with my parents and my sister
and her kids. I love doing things with
family and having my kids interact w/ their cousins. On Wednesday evening my mom, sister and I went through a session at the San Diego Temple. Thanks, Dad, for watching all of the kids(we did try wearing them out earlier at the beach). The temple was absolutely breathtaking-inside and out. The rest of the week we just played at the beach all day. The kids had a great time playing in the sand, finding seashells, and braving the cold waves. We came home on the 14th, and now it's back to the summer heat of Arizona. I'm going to attempt to put some of the other pictures I took in a slide show. It will probably take me a few days since I will most likely have to enlist Kassidi's help in doing this. They're all pretty much of us at the beach. I love going to California on trips, and spending time at the beach. I really enjoy watching the waves, and the power that they have as the tide comes in and goes out. What a beautiful world our Heavenly Father created for us.

At the end of a full day at Knott's Berry Farm


5 comments:

Taylors said...

Your blog is so cute! You guys look like you're having a blast -- what a fun family you have Jodi! By the way, I had no idea that Kassidi was pregnant too :) Congratulations on being a grandma again! I need to drop off that swing!!

Jeppesen Family said...

Looks like tons of fun! Wish we could have gone. It was nice having a quiet house for the week, though :)

Jeppesen Family said...

I tagged you, so when you get a chance, go to my blog and see the rules

Tammy said...

Small world , I love this blog , I am finding friends we have lost touch with , I found your blog on Kim Wells, wow how fun. What a sweet family you have . love the pictures and stories. lets keep in touch. Tammy Montgomery

Jodi Stapley said...

Hi Tammy--it is a small world. I'd love to keep in touch. Do you have a blog? I haven't kept mine up to date like I should, but with school starting next week, hopefully I'll have a little more time to devote to it. How is your family? Jodi