Friday, November 7, 2008

Cabin Fun

During our Fall school break this past October, we spent a week at the cabin in Greer, AZ. My sister, Robin, and her family came with us, and also another nephew, Skylar Larson, along with Daniel(our exchange student). The weather was perfect. Steven, Skylar, and Daniel(Dustin wasn't with us because of football practice), spent every day hiking--we rarely saw them during the daylight hours. We made smores-a first for Daniel, spent a day at the creek, and played a lot of games. A good time was had by all. I spent most of my time relaxing and reading(a total of 5 books--Yikes!). We love the cabin, we love Greer, we love spending time with family, and we love doing things that we don't take the time for when we're at home(aka games, reading, time with each other). We're so grateful that we have the cabin available to us and that we're able to go there--I wish we could go more often. Life is so simple and uncomplicated when we're there.



The creek was ice cold, but didn't seem to stop the kids from getting in(a couple even 'fell' in). The day we left a storm blew in--thunder, lightening, rain and hail, and lots of it--and it got pretty cold. It made packing up and cleaning a bit more difficult, especially since it felt like we should be making a fire and huddling in front of it instead. The cabin is now closed for the winter, so until next year.....

4 comments:

Julie Herrell said...

something about the outdoors seems to bring families together. Maybe it's the no tv thing? How fun. Makes me want to pack the kids up and go somewhere.

Taylors said...

THis looks so fun! I am always so jealous of people with cabins :). I'm glad you had a good time!

Renee said...

I am behind on my commenting...The cabin looks like a lot of fun and it looks so beautiful up there. I wish we would have been able to make it. Great pictures...OF COURSE!!! As if I expected any less...

Alisa Larson said...

We need to schedule a trip to our cabins at the same time! Becky and Jeffs family came up with us this summer and it was so fun. It would be even funner with more cousins! Lets plan for next summer okay?