Friday, February 6, 2009

Birthday Boy!

February 5th was Parker's 6th birthday. It seems like he's been waiting forever for it to come, and then it's over so quickly. He wanted a "Superhero' party. I wasn't up for a real big party (Kregg's been in Las Vegas working, and I've been real busy), but I told Parker he could invite 4 friends over after school. He loves to play Bingo (which we play a lot and the kids get prizes when they win - I'm sure that is the main attraction), so we played Bingo for his party until every child had won a prize, opened presents, and ate cake. It was short, sweet, and I think the kids had a good time. I decorated a Batman cake for him. I made the same cake years ago for either Steven or Dustin and did a much better job with the decorating(I think I had a lot more time on my hands!). This time I did it all in about 45 minutes, and unfortunately, I think it shows. Oh well, Parker was happy and thought it was great, and that's all that counts.
Parker is a wonderful boy and we love him very much. He's sweet and patient and very loving with others. One of his favorite things to do is have his cousin, Satchel, over to play and spend the night. We are very grateful that we have Parker in our family.

1 comment:

Jeppesen Family said...

Happy Birthday, Parker! We wish we could have been there! Love your Batman cake, and we love you!