Karsyn turned 4 yrs old on March 3rd. Kregg and I take each one of the kids out to dinner for their birthdays (by themselves). We asked Karsyn where she wanted to go for her birthday and this was the dialogue that followed:
Mom: Where do you want to go to eat for your birthday?
(Karsyn stands there thinking)
Parker: Karsyn, go to Denny's. They have moon and star chicken nuggets, and lots of fries, and lots of other stuff that you can eat. Pick Denny's.
(Karsyn is still thinking)
Mom: Where do you want to go?
Parker: Denny's Karsyn--and I can go with you.
(Karsyn still thinking)
Mom: Come on, Karsyn, pick somewhere.
(Finally...)
Karsyn: (she looks up with a satisfied look on her face, presumably because she finally made a decision!) I want to go to Tatum's house to eat. (Tatum is her cousin, and obviously she would rather be there than at a restaurant)
We couldn't stop laughing. And Parker informed her she couldn't go to Tatum's house, so Karsyn picked Denny's (house--she thought Denny was a friend of Parker's and that we were going to his house--too funny.)
But we had a fun time at dinner with Karsyn. On Monday night I invited my parents over and my sister Robin and her family(Tatum's fam) over for hot dogs and cake to celebrate Karsyn's birthday. I made her an 'Ariel' birthday cake which she loved. We had a fun time. Kass and Nate are in town right now for Nathan's medical boards so it was also nice to have them there.
I can't believe Karsyn is already 4. Where does the time go? She and I are best gals because the rest of the kids are in school all day, so it's just Karsyn and I. Karsyn is a fun little girl who loves her friends and can't wait for Parker to get home from school to play with her. She loves her Sunbeam class and teachers and loves going to Primary. They adore her also. She gave her first talk in Primary a couple of weeks ago and did a great job. We love her very much and are so thankful she is part of our family. Happy Birthday, Karsyn!!!
3 comments:
Jodi you are awesome! I love that cake! I miss seeing you every week. Are you working out at the gym? Shannon and I are at the Chandler one on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings for step and RPM. I love the story about Denny's house!
How did you make that cake??? Layla's birthday is in a few weeks and she wants an Ariel cake, so I need some pointers. It looks great!
that is so funny. I often wished I would have kept a journal of all the funny things my kids said. The cakes you made are awesome. You are so talented.
Post a Comment