Monday, April 6, 2009

Aloha...



Kregg and I just returned from a 10 day stay in Maui, Hawaii. I've wanted to go to Hawaii for forever, and so to celebrate our 25th Anniversary we planned a trip there. It was wonderful. What can I say?? If you've been, you know what I mean. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it. We did so much (mostly snorkeling), but it was also the most relaxing vacation we've ever had (maybe because we didn't have any kids with us?). Maui is beautiful. I love the ocean. I could sit on the beach for hours and not get tired of it--but I also love to get in and swim and snorkel (except for the two times I got caught up in an under tow, etc. and had to swim for my life to make it bake to shore--you may think I'm kidding, but I'm not. It was pretty scary, and I could see how even experienced swimmers could easily tire and drown. It shook me up, but obviously not enough, since it happened again a few days later. The first time I was out snorkeling by myself-stupid!-and got caught up in the current. I was too far out for Kregg to realize I was having problems, but thankfully I made it back in. The second time I was with Kregg and my brother, Jared, and we got out pretty far and the current was continuing to take us out to sea-I kept wondering why all the fish were swimming in the same direction. Kregg helped me get in that time-he was determined that I wouldn't leave him with 8 kids to raise!) Despite these two experiences, I continued to snorkel but without any other problems. We swam with fish and turtles-what a blast! The weather was great and the scenery unbelievable. We went to a ward in Lahaina for church on Sunday and I had the opportunity to be the pianist(they didn't have one there that day). How fun! My brother and sister-in-law, Jared and Randa, were also there and we had a lot of fun with them. I think Kregg was hoping this trip would get 'Hawaii' out of my system, but I think it has just wet my appetite to go again. It really was such a fun time and I loved seeing everything on Maui. The slide show is just a glimpse of all we did. It's a lot of photos for a slideshow-sorry- but since I took over 600 while we were there, it's really just a drop in the bucket. Aloha...

3 comments:

Julie Herrell said...

Those are some awesome pictures. Sounds like you had a blast. I can't imagine a vacation without kids! I'm sure I will hear more about it at Bunko. I'm glad you got to take your dream vacation.

Jolene said...

Jodi - I miss seeing you every week, I'm so glad you have your blog. This vacation sounds awesome - what great pictures!

Alisa Larson said...

How awesome! I didn't know you went to Hawaii! I havn't been since I was 8 yrs old and I would love to make the trek sometime soon.....Joe are you reading this??? Hint hint...

Oh, and great pics of your snorkeling!